The therapeutic equine activities and therapies at GAIT TRC offer enriching opportunities for individuals with special needs to achieve greater independence and increase their overall quality of life. Riding and/or working with horses allows these participants to learn through visual, auditory, and tactile methods while increasing their strength, focus, and coordination. Through these interactions with the horse, participants are able to gain new life skills, establish trust, and increase their confidence.
Your contribution directly impacts the community by:
- Reducing the cost of riding and horsemanship programs for participants
- Providing financial relief for families through the Jean Work Scholarship Fund
- Feeding and caring for GAIT's very special horses
- Maintaining stables, pastures, and facilities
- Providing PATH Intl. Certified Instructors, Equine Specialists, credentialed mental health professionals, and licensed therapists to conduct programs
- Offering professional development and training opportunities for staff and volunteers